Driver Management System
What is Driver Management system?
Driver Management system is a process of ordering driver duties into sequences or managing fleet drivers to ensure a balanced work allocation and to ensure the productivity and safety of the drivers involved.
Some of the key elements of a Driver Management system are as follows:
- Transparent Process of allocation of Duty to the Driver, ensuring sufficient turn around time between trip allocations
- Driver should be notified in real time so that they can plan their trips efficiently
- Process of sharing pick up or drop roster with the drivers
- Provision to inform the executives once the Driver is about to reach
- Feedback process for Executives and Drivers once the trip is completed
- Transparent way of tracking the trip for the route travelled, monitoring overspeed and over stoppages at locations
- Tracking against the scheduled pickup and drop time and the actual pickup and drop time
- Tracking against the distance travelled and fuel usage to ensure business productivity from the transactions
- Reports to ensure that all the critical actors of the Driver Management system are informed on the process efficiencies like Driver Supervisor, Drivers, Management Teams etc.
- Tracking gratifications for Drivers and Payouts for Trips and Reconciliations
- Process to make sure the reimbursements for tolls, parkings are accounted in trips
- Process to make sure that the service and repair maintenance is taken care off.
Generally businesses and driver management or fleet management companies focus on fleet but fail to focus on efficient driver management system and end up managing driver related process manually or through excel sheet. This process leads to lot of delay and is error prone.
How can companies or businesses automate their Driver Management Process?
The end to end driver management system can be automated using RocketFlow platform instantly. Please refer to https://rocketflow.in/uc/driver-management-platform. The platform is available as an Enterprise SAAS offering and can be configured instantly.
Prominent logistics companies in India are using RocketFlow platform to automate their Driver Management System for use cases catering to processes like
- Drivers on Demand
- Pickup and Drop
- Movement of fleet from hub to yard to retail or business outlets
- Fuel Management and Distribution
- Order Fulfillment
- Supply logistics
RocketFlow provides end to end digitization of Driver Management system and provides website and mobile site for Driver Management Companies to get driver requests, provider drivers and supervisors with Android and iOS App for managing the daily trips and overall operations. RocketFlow also comes with Web Admin Portal through which management and supervisor can perform tasks like
- Trip Allocation and Trip Management
- Dashboard of end to end operations
- Track Trip routes and critical indicators during the trips like path traveled, overspeed, overstop etc.
- Manage all trip related documents like reimbursement slips, parking and toll receipts, invoices
- Manage Fuel Management, Fuel Distribution process
- Manage all critical aspects of Driver Management
- Manage Feedback from Customers and Drivers
- Manage Payout Plans for Driver based on time spent on a trip and distance traveled
- There are provisions to manage additional processes like managing Driver Checklist for Inventory and Service Repairs and Maintenance processes
- RocketFlow's Driver Management system also comes up with consolidated reports to keep a track on all the business related aspects
How can companies ensure their drivers safety and productivity?
Companies need to focus on Driver Health, Safety and productivity to ensure the business becomes profitable. Drivers are at the core of any logistics, supply or fleet based business. Driver's safety and well being is not only duty of the company but also leads to enhanced business productivity.
Some of the critical part of the productivity and safety process are listed below and are already covered within RocketFlow's Driver Management System.
- Streamline Inspection process for Drivers and Supervisors at every Key Handover events. This simple process ensures mental well being for actors involved in the process. RocketFlow platform supports provisions to capture images of the assets through the mobile app before and after the process to ensure this process remains transparent. Supervisors can see the uploaded images on web admin portal in real time.
- Track Driving Behavior and give feedbacks. RocketFlow's Driver Management System process ensures once the driver is on trip, they are geo tracked through mobile app based tracking. Key events which are captured are Overstopping, OverSpeeding, Mobile Network OFF, Location ON/OFF, Harsh Breaks to name a few. Drivers are given auto generated warning over the mobile app once the violations are identified.
- Efficient way to measure the distance traveled, map it against the Fuel reimbursement process and payout process.
- Set Safety process norms and clear communication with Drivers
What are the other business processes which can be automated using RocketFlow?
RocketFlow is a unique Low/NO Code platform that can help businesses go digital. Feel free to browse to https://rocketflow.in/ to get an understanding on the use cases that RocketFlow caters.
Feel free to reach out to RocketFlow sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you are looking to take your Driver Management System/Process digital instantly or if you have any other manual operations.